Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Sunday Setlist

Word of God Speak- A (Mercy Me)

How Great Thou Art- A (Baloche)
Mighty to Save- A (Mighty to Save)
O For a Thousand Tongues- E (Crowder)
We Crown You- E (Fee)

Glorious- B (Tomlin)

This sermon series on "Discernment" has been tough for me...it's something I've been wrestling with personally- What does it mean to hear from God? How do you know for sure?...My hesitations and frustrations about the topic are the result of personal times when I thought I was hearing from God but it turned out it wasn't Him...as well as seeing how others have used the claim that they have heard from God for personal gain...

So what's risen to the top for me is this...how relevant the discernment series is- and to even ask the questions 'what is God saying,' or 'am I hearing from God' is a good sign...it shows that you have a desire for Him...because we are all given a need to know and hear from God- created with a need for a relationship with God, however, without a renewed heart, we do not and will not desire Him...

How has God spoken to me?...how do I discern God's voice?...well the best and only completely reliable way is Scripture...I have always loved Jesus' response to Peter when he called Him the the Messiah..."this was not revealed to you by flesh and blood, but by my Father in heaven." (Matthew 16:17)

http://www.planningcenteronline.com

Check out other great worship thoughts at The Worship Community Blog's Sunday Setlist

2 comments:

Matt Blowers said...

Zach, Just checked out your blog for the first time. Very cool! Love the name. Watched the video for the I have decided to follow Jesus Sunday, that was a fun week. Blessings, Matt B. BTW Superbowl party at my house if you want to come.

Matt Blowers said...
This comment has been removed by the author.