Sunday, October 17, 2010

Sunday Setlist

I am Free-C walkin (Newsboys)

Today is the Day-C (Brewster)
Hallelujah Your Love is Amazing-G (Baloche)
Desert Song-D (Hillsong)
Amazing Grace My Chains are Gone-D (Tomlin)

Choir Weekend! The choir came ready to serve God and the church by giving their all in worship for sure...we started "I am Free" during the countdown, then once it hit zero we kept playing then invited the church to join in one more time through the verse that built into a full high chorus...

"Today is the Day" was convicting for me as I came into the morning stressed- so when we sang out "I won't worry about tomorrow- I'm giving you my fears and sorrows"- it was a moment of surrender to let go and just worship...we decided to not do the key change for "Hallelujah" which also helped keep things more simple for the morning...

When we rehearsed "Desert Song" really didn't feel like a choir song- but hearing everyone really sing out on the bridge was another great moment for me... "all of my life, in every season, you are still God I have a reason to sing, I have a reason to worship..." Finishing with "Amazing Grace" helped transition well into the message for our current series of Galatians- especially since the major theme Paul wrote on is Grace- seriously, almost every chapter touches on it...

Team:
Laura- choir director/keys
Steph- vocals
Dan- bass
Zach- acoustic/vocals
Matt- acoustic2
Doug- electric
Tom- percussion
Jesse- drums

Pat- media
David- sound

http://www.planningcenteronline.com

Check out other great worship thoughts at The Worship Community Blog's Sunday Setlist

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

cool stuff - sounds like you were rocking the house.

how often do you use the choir?

stay connected...

kurtdavidf said...

looks like a good set. I like the maybe unplanned emphasis on God's amazingness. I need to check out the Desert Song, ive seen a few people I know mention it.