Sunday, August 15, 2010

Sunday Setlist

Sing to the King- E
Desert Song- D (Hillsong)
Your Name- G (Baloche)
I Will Rise- G (Tomlin)

I Have Decided- C

Overall there was a great attitude towards worship and rehearsals this week. I was very blessed by the team's energy and willingness to serve the church through leading as well serve each other- I really noticed that everyone seemed to be listening to the other instrumentalists and vocalists to create space in the songs.

"Sing to the King" always works well as a call to worship. Steph and Jill did a wonderful job transitioning to "Desert Song", which the church is really starting to own as a prayer song. I had forgotten how singable "Your Name" is, and both services belted out the simple but powerful chorus. We haven't sung "I Will Rise" since easter, but it really felt like a familiar song.

Pastor Matt did a great job with the "Heroes" message, and it was a good transition right into a response by teaching the meaning behind "I Have Decided to Follow Jesus." Here's a clip:



Team:
Dan- piano
Rick- bass
Zach- acoustic/vocals
Jessie- drums
Tom- percussion
Jeff- electric
Stephanie- vocals
Jill- vocals
Ed- vocals

Pat- video
Sean- sound

http://www.planningcenteronline.com

This is my very first week to participate with The Worship Community Blog's Sunday Setlist, after having followed it for quite some time, I was finally inspired to join in!

Oh and a special thanks to Josh for the amazing blog layout and Vista Review graphic!

No comments: